Sunday, July 8, 2012

How to Make Glasses Cleaner

I've been working in the lavender field AND in my yard most of the weekend.  Sooooo tired!  I just thought I'd do a quick post you might find of interest.

It seems that most stores want to sell you the little packets of pre moistened eye glass cleaner wipes these days.  Call me old fashioned (not OLD) but I like the spray stuff and a soft cloth.  But it's hard to find anymore.  So I did a little searching on the internet and found the "recipe" for the spritzy stuff.

3 parts Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol)
1 part water
1 or 2 drops of some sort of liquid soap (depending on how big of a bottle you have).... I just use one drop.

You don't have to be too exact about measuring- just eyeball it (heh. heh.... I crack myself up).

It's WAY cheaper than buying it... if you can even find it!

5 comments:

Gene Black said...

Each morning I run my glasses under the faucet and use hand soap (a drop is enough) then dry and polish them. I have lens cloths stashed around conveniently in case I need a touch up during the day.

Mommarock said...

I get my cleaner refilled at Walmart. Free refills. The problem I had was my cloth. You have to make sure that there is no fabric softner in the cloth that you use to clean them with. I wash my cloth out by hand with Woolite in the sink, and then hang it to dry and I have no problem with cleaning the glasses really clean.

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

Brillant! I can follow that recipe. Thanks for the info!

Maya Moonie said...

It also works pretty well without the rubbing alcohol. Not quite as well, but if you don't have it, you won't know you're missing it.

Soggibottom said...

Not sure we can buy rubbing stuff over here. BUT lavender time I think of you.
:-) X X X