Friday, October 17, 2014

Bounty of the Season

I'm putting the garden to bed.... harvesting the last of the bounty.  Now I have to clean, chop, freeze and can these lovelies.  Thanks to my friend, Julie, for all the green tomatoes!  I'll be making my Nana's green tomato hamburger relish today.  Mmmmmmm

 

A few weeks ago, I was the recipient of a whole trash bag of fresh corn.  That doesn't sound right.  It was a clean trash bag, and a good way to drag around 50 ears of corn.  This is going to keep me in corn chowder all year!  I sliced and dried all those pears (and a few more bags of them) and I also dried a few bags of Italian prune plums.

I'm going to miss the garden and the farmers' markets with all the wonderful fresh produce.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

It all looks delicious! My mom used to freeze fresh corn and it was always so good. I can remember shelling peas too. I need to find out where our farmers market is and investigate for myself the quality of their wares. I've heard mixed reviews.

Blogger said...

eToro is the most recommended forex trading platform for beginner and professional traders.