Saturday, April 10, 2010

Socks in progress

I participated in a KAL (knit along) during the month of March on Ravelry. For those of you who are on Ravelry and want to be "friends" my user name is SueHauser (original, isn't it?).  If you're a knitter (or if you crochet) and you've never been on Ravelry--- you GOTTA check it out!  The socks are called "Social Butterfly, and were designed by Wendy of Knitters Brewing Company.  These socks are not for the faint of heart!  I did a lot of un-knitting along the way.  This was the first time I have ever knitted beads into a project.  FUN!  Those who finished ONE sock by the end of the KAL were eligible for prizes.  (Congrats to the lucky winners!)  I was hoping to get the pair done, but this is how far I got.  I'm going to keep going because I know that if I put them away, it might be quite a while before they see the light of day again.  Wendy is doing another KAL this month- for her "Vegas" socks.  I'm going to work along on them, but I think I'd rather finish this pair than have 2 started.  If you're interested- it's not too late to join the Vegas Sock KAL.

5 comments:

Margi said...

I was right there with you but this is my second round with this KAL so opted out of the beads this time. Still beautiful and always so much fun! That purple is just so scrumptous. I'm on the party bus to Vegas too - 2 pair of socks and a shawl on the needles. Kind of like quilting,,,never too many UFOs. LOL

Teresa Marie said...

Pretty!

Sue said...

Hi, Margi- The purple Social Butterfly socks were only my 3rd pair of socks.... and the first 2 pair were made with a very basic beginner sock pattern. From there I jumped into the Wendy's butterflies... whew! I do like to learn new things, and I'm looking forward to working with the filament on the Vegas socks. I also have several projects going. I like to have one project that is challenging for when I am alone, and one that is super easy for when I am talking to people.

Good to have you as a reader- I follow your blog, too.

Pokey said...

Well, I hope you get them done, soon, they sure are a pretty color!

Judy S. said...

Very nice! I need to go check these out!