Thursday, October 7, 2010

Diamonds are a Quilter's Best Friend

Last week, one of the wholesale distributors of fabric and quilting supplies from which I purchase a lot of the products I sell on my website had a trade show/ buyers' market.  They do this twice a year and along with the show, they have a day prior to the show when they hold classes.  The classes are taught by pattern designers and the students are mostly shop owners making shop samples for display. 

I love taking these classes, mostly because I think its fun to meet the people who design the patterns.  One of the classes I took was to make a table runner called Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend.  The designer is Theresa Richards Chickering aka Fabric Tart.  I was so excited that I FINISHED the table runner in the class.  The pattern is very easy to follow and the runner works up very quickly.  I think it took me about 2 1/2 hrs from start to finish.  Theresa is a delightful person and it was a very enjoyable few hours working in her class.

The pattern includes 2 alternate views.  I made the one with the large diamonds called "Big is Good, Too". 

As luck would have it, these fabrics in the kit they provided for us go very well in my kitchen and dining room.  Now to get it quilted.....

I'll be adding this to my website soon.  If you just can't wait- shoot me an email.

11 comments:

Joanne said...

Great table runner!

Joanne Lendaro said...

Love it!! Fun finish!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty runner!

WoolenSails said...

That is beautiful with the fabrics and colors.
I have some special fabrics, so hopefully I can make some new things in the coming year.

Debbie

Michele Seraphim said...

Nice Quilt and love your fabric choices!

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful. I've never seen this design before. Love it. Beautiful fabric prints & colors too!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Judy S. said...

Nice! I like the version you chose the best. Did you try it with your cutter?

Theresa said...

Hi Sue,
So glad you enjoyed the class. It was great to meet all of you.
Thanks for sharing my pattern on your blog.
Theresa

Kathy Biggs said...

I LOVE this runner pattern AND the colors are PERFECT for my dining room. I rarely purchase kit, but seriously considering it. Can't wait until you have this in stock.

Rein said...

WOW! I love that runner and it would be perfect in my home also. I just might have to consider the kit or at least the pattern. Thanks for the pic & idea

Unknown said...

That sounds absolutely wonderful. My arthritis makes cutting a difficult process, so this sounds like a great answer to the problem!