Monday, June 6, 2011

Greyhound Rescue Fundraiser and some pretty quilts



Isn't this a pretty quilt? And the quilting is wonderful.  You can read more about it HERE.  The quilt is being raffled to benefit greyhound rescue.  Don't delay- the raffle ends on June 15th!  These fine folks volunteer their time to find forever homes for these wonderful dogs.  The volunteers do so much, but money still has to be raised to pay for food and vet services.  This photo, and the link, are from my friend, Anne's blog.  While you're there, click at the top on the blog title to read what she's been up to.  Her latest quilt is a kit she got from my website.  She and I are both working on the Celebration Quilt, which is a pattern from Quilt Moments.  She bought the kit from my website, and we exchanged a few emails, then a phone call, and we discovered that we have a lot in common.  I've made SO many friends through my website and through this blog.  I just love it!

Here is Anne's Celebration Quilt.  (Notice the batik geckos-- Anne lives in Arizona).



And here's her Cross Quilt.  I just HAVE to make one of these!!!!  What a great way to use up scraps.


Thanks to everyone who commented on the giveaway posts that they're glad I'm blogging again.  Breaks are good, but I'm very glad to be back.  And your kind words mean a lot.

I'm off to purchase some raffle tickets for the Greyhound Quilt.

2 comments:

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

I just bought some raffle tickets to! Thanks for the heads up about it.
And welcome back =)

Regina said...

My brother has a rescued Greyhound. What a wonderful cause.