Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cold Compress Pillow with Lavender and Flax

Isn't this pretty? Well- it's as useful as it is attractive! This is from Lorraine's post on the Rabbit Factory. (It's her picture, too) Lorraine's DH has low back pain and she made this pillow filled with flax seed and lavender. She freezes it to use it as a cold compress pillow. I think I just found a new use for my dried lavender buds!

I enjoy reading Lorraine's posts regularly. I just love The Rabbit Factory patterns. I have one on my website (Licorice Allsorts) but I think I need to add more. What do you think? Check out the Rabbit Factory and help me decide which patterns I need to add to my website. The Rabbit Factory blog also has a really pretty applique BOM going. Be sure to check it out! I guess I never mentioned how much I love bunnies, too. A blogger who loves quilts, lavender and bunnies- how much better can it get?

In the meantime, I think I need to try mixing some of my dried lavender buds with flax seed and making a cold compress like Lorraine did. After several hours of harvesting, my lower back is often in need of a little relief, too! Thanks for your inspiring posts, Lorraine.

0 comments: