Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Have you seen this quilt?


Has anyone seen this cute little quilt?  Kimberly is asking the quilting community to keep a look out for it.  She displayed it at an open house and it never made it home with her.  It is pictured above in her recent book, Jelly Roll Quilts and More.  The really sad thing is that she sent it to her publisher when she was hurrying to make deadlines for the book, and never photographed it.  The only record she has of the quilt is the photo in the book.  It's a small quilt (22" x 22").  Keep your eyes peeled on ETSY and  EBay.  She just wants it back- no questions asked.  Read more about it on Kimberly's blog.

6 comments:

Barb said...

How horrible!!

Pokey said...

Such a sad thing, I'm glad she has the photo in print. My MIL had a Best of Show Cathedral Window Quilt stolen from the fair 30 years ago, all hand done, we wanted to cry. NO PHOTOS. NO PROOF!

Colleen said...

Has she posted it on the lost quilt website? http://www.lostquilt.com/

Sue said...

Good idea, Colleen- I'll suggest it to her.

Kath said...

I read somehwere that you could sew in your label as part of the quilting process, so it is secured by the stitches right through the layers, which I am planning to do.
What a horrible shock to discover it had dissapeared. I hope it will surface somehwere and she will get it back.

Sue said...

I sent a message to Kimberly telling her about Coleen's suggestion to post it on lost quilt dot com. She posted her missing quilt there and sent me a nice message. She also replied to another post on this blog... here's a copy of it for those of you following this story...

Kimberly Einmo has left a new comment on your post "100 Followers and a Giveaway!":

Sue -- I can't tell you how much I appreciate you blogging about my quilt, Charming Circles. It means the world to me that such wonderful, caring people such as yourself, are concerned for my stolen quilt! Thank you so much!! On a happier note, I just figured out how to "follow" a blog -- and yours is the first one I have signed up to "follow!" I will enjoy reading your blog entries and going back to read previous posts. Hope to keep in touch, and thanks again for the support. Truly, it means the world to me!

Posted by Kimberly Einmo to Alderwood Quilts at January 22, 2010 7:17 PM