Friday, April 16, 2010

Another Great BOM

Christina at Sometimes Crafter has a wonderful blog.  Whenever I read it, I have an almost uncontrollable urge to head to my sewing machine.

Christina is doing a Sampler Quilt Along on her blog.  Over on the right on her sidebar, you can find about 9 blocks so far.  She just posted this star today.  Each block has some sort of technique for us to learn or practice.

I posted this one several months ago.  I love it!  This particular block is paper piecing practice. Check them all out- they're creative and Christina's tutorials are excellent.

I'm going to teach my friend in NY how to paper piece over the telephone.  I think this is a good block to start with.  Check out Christina's tutorial, Andrea.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I just saw a quilt with the same paper pieced block and wondered how it was done.
The quit was here - http://barbarabrackman.blogspot.com/2010/04/civil-war-homefront-quilts.html

Barb said...

love the blocks

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

What cute blocks! I love them! :-)