Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Social Butterfly Socks Finished

These socks were a KAL with the Knitters Brewing Company on Ravelry.  I started them in March and had the first one done and second one half done by the end of March... but it took me a while to get up the enthusiasm to finish the second sock.  I'm glad I did because they turned out cute.
This is the first time I ever knitted beads into a project.  The butterflies on the leg and top of foot have beads in the design.  Don't look too closely.... the are far from perfect!  But if they're on my foot, and my foot is on the floor, and if other people are looking at them from about 5 feet off the floor- they look pretty close to perfect.  :-)
Here's a picture of the back of the leg and the heel.

I love this yarn.  It looks solid from a distance, but close up, it is variegated with the colors very close.  It's a nice soft yarn, too.

I have another challenging sock in progress- one down, one to go.  I think I'll take a little break and make a simple sock- no fancy stuff.  After I finish the basic sock, I'll go back and finish the second challenging one.

I've mentioned Ravelry a few times before, but here I go again.  If you like to knit or crochet and haven't checked out Ravelry, you're missing a LOT.  They have tons of free patterns and inspiration, not to mention a fun community of yarn-lovers.  My Ravelry user name is SueHauser.

9 comments:

Fleurette said...

Beautiful pair of socks, love the colour and beading. Glad you finished both.I visit Ravelry,have them on my blog list, they have lovely patterns.
Happy knitting!

QuiltSue said...

What a lovely pair of socks, I love them.

Jocelyn said...

Very pretty and nice job!

free indeed said...

Great job! I recently saw a video of knitting with beads....seemed complicated with haveing to string the beads before you even begin the project...what if you miscount? Too late to add more once begun...anywho, those are super nice!

Judy S. said...

Terrific socks, Sue. I also love the pin cushion; it'd be perfect in a doll house!

SewCalGal said...

Absolutely beautiful. They also look soft & comfy. What a treat so have such nice socks. I don't think I'd want to wear shoes (other than to protect these beautiful socks), as I'd want everyone to see my feet in these beautiful socks!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Micki said...

Your socks are beautiful! It's a great pattern!
Micki

Colleen's Blog Long Island NY said...

Sue, they are beautiful. The only one who would know they weren't perfect is you. I haven't ever tried beading with my knitting. Thanks for letting us know about Ravelry.

Brenda said...

Just want to know when you are going to have a pair of your beautiful hand-knit socks as the monthly giveaway.

Don't all you commenters think that would be a great idea?

Brenda