Sunday, March 8, 2009

Puyallup Sewing & Stitchery Expo

I attended the Sewing and Stitchery Expo in Puyallup, Washington last weekend. (Puyallup is right outside of Tacoma). This show has been running for 25 years and I've gone several times. It's really a fun show! It's open to the public and the attendance is always very high. If you're ever in the northwest in March, I highly recommend that you experience it.
There were hundreds of vendors. The fairgrounds have some great buildings and 2 of them were full of vendors. The show also attracts quality instructors. I took 12 classes. My favorite was with Sue Hausman, and I'll do a whole blog post about that! I'll give you a hint. I bought a new "toy" from the folks at Husquavarna Viking. :-)
Mount Rainier watches over the city.
OK- I just had to take a picure of this. People must have thought I was nuts, but I just stood there laughing and then got out my camera. For the most part, vehicles were not allowed into the fairgrounds during the show. There were a few service vehicles, and I suppose this sign was meant for them. But what really struck me as being funny was that all of the other benches had people sitting on them... but not this one! Do you think people thought it was meant for them? I'll have to admit- I didn't have the nerve to park my rear here, either!

2 comments:

lydia.threads said...

I enjoyed the Sewing and Stitching Expo as well. I though you'd want to note a correction on one of your picture captions. Mount Rainier watches over the lower Puget Sound area (Seattle, Tacoma, Puyallup). Mount Baker is up in Belling ham.

Sue said...

Well silly ME! I knew better than that. My typing fingers must have been rebelling last night. Thanks for letting me know- I edited the post.

Thanks for commenting on a post- I entered you in the monthly giveaway.