Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Progress on the DWR

I can see light at the end of the tunnel!



I haven't been posting a lot lately because I've been SEWING!!!!  Sewing, sewing, sewing!  I had a goal to make this king size double wedding ring quilt in 4 weeks.  I'm on week number 5 and it's looking like it will take me about 6 weeks.  I'm doing 9 rings across and 9 rings down (that sounds less scary than 81 rings).  Each ring is 11 inches across.  I measure from any spot to the same spot on the next ring.  I can't bring myself to call these things "blocks".  I have all of my rings done and now I'm putting them together.  In a "normal" quilt--- putting them together is usually the easy part.  Not so with this thing!  What I wouldn't give for a straight line right now.

I've taken some pictures of the process and I promise to do a very detailed tutorial complete with tips and pitfalls.... but that takes time and I'm going to do it after I get my top done.  I'm on a deadline and... well.... you know how it goes.

Back to the sewing machine with me......

13 comments:

deborah said...

amazing work and progress!

Sandy said...

Looks wonderful! Can't wait to see the tutorial- took me 3 sewing sessions (fri/sat/sun) of sewing, ripping out, resewing, blah blah blah, finally wrote on the Accuquilt website, and one of the bloggers is doing a video in Dec- I do hope to see yours sooner, but am grateful for your sharing-so the wait will be worth it! Sandy
PS Neat color choices!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

it is looking great. I don't know if I've ever seen it done with the illusion of rings over rings in 2 sets of fabrics. Maybe I haven't been paying attention when I looked at others.

Becky said...

This is so stunning. I love the colors, and obviously your excellent piecing skills!!I really must make one of these.

WoolenSails said...

That is a lot of work to put a time limit on, but it is coming along beautifully. Love the fabrics you are using, it is going to be gorgeous.

Debbie

Denise :) said...

What a gorgeous quilt - can't wait to see it finished! :)

Carol said...

It's gorgeous and I love the color combinations!

Needled Mom said...

It is going to be gorgeous!!!! It looks fabulous so far.

quilary said...

Wow it is looking so lovely! The rings contrast so well.

QuiltSue said...

I really can't believe how quickly you've done this. It is looking fabulous.

Vanessa said...

I love it~! Makes me wish I could Quilt.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

How beautiful!! I have never seen a DWR made in reds and blacks - quite stunning!

Barb said...

This is going to be soooooooooo beautiful!!!