Sunday, November 28, 2010

We had a Shower!


 I'm still working on the Double Wedding Ring!  While you wait to see my progress, I thought I'd show you a couple of fun pictures.  My baby boy, Steve, aka the grown man who towers over me, is getting married next month.  The maid of honor hosted a shower last weekend.  Her mom made this  "wedding cake" out of towels.  Isn't it adorable?


Sarah (on the left) is the maid of honor, and Emily (on the right) will be my daughter-in-law in a few short weeks.  Emily is holding a bouquet that her cousin made with the ribbons from the shower gifts.  Such happy smiles!

It was a lovely shower, with a house full of women who love Emily and wish her a lifetime of happiness.

7 comments:

Barb said...

How fun and congrats on getting a new daughter, she is lovely!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials. Love the towel cake--very ingenious!

WoolenSails said...

Love the cake, very fun and creative.
Your DIL has a wonderful smile, you can tell she is a wonderful person, inside and out.

Debbie

SewCalGal said...

What a fun time Sue. Love the towel cake too.

Thanks for sharing photos and providing an update on wedding activities.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

QuiltSue said...

Your daughter in law looks lovely, she has a wonderful smile. The wedding cake was so clever. I'm really looking forward to seeing the quilt, I hope you're happy with it?

Anonymous said...

That is one of the best towel cakes I've ever seen! It looks like you ladies had a great time!

~ Meagan

Fleurette said...

Love the wedding cake, so creative, and Emily is lovely, I wish her much happiness too!