Saturday, February 14, 2009
I made a needle holder out of one of these little tomatoes about 30 years ago. I was going to put a picture of it on here but it looked so old and beat up that I thought I should make a new one for the blog picture. So here's my brand new tomato!
I change my machine needles regularly, and I try to use the size that's right for the fabric I'm sewing. When changing to different sizes of needles, the used needle isn't always very old, so I want to save it for another use. But I don't like to put the slightly used needles back in the packages because I'm afraid they'll get mixed up with the brand new ones. To keep them straight, I poke them in my tomato. I use a Sharpie marker to label the sections. It's handy and cute!