Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Paw's Across My Heart

Rebecca McGaugh calls this "Paws Across My Heart". I have a vested interest in this one. Rebecca is a friend of mine. Rebecca and her husband, Clark publish the Independent, our local newspaper. I met her at a dinner for our local Chamber of Commerce. I sat next to her and we struck up a conversation. During the course of the evening, I told her that I owned an online quilt shop. She then told me that she wanted to learn how to quilt. The rest is history.

This is her FIRST quilt. It's old jeans and old flannel shirts- all belonging her her DH. The paw prints are appliqued. Rebecca and Clark love dogs. This quilt (and their bed) are room enough for all the extra paws and wagging tails that join them. Look closely at the bottom right of the photo. That's Janice- always looking for an opportunity to pose for a photo.

The backing is flannel. With a denim/flannel top, batting, and flannel backing- this thing weighs a ton.

Rebecca has been quilting for about a year and she has 3 or 4 finished quilts and 2 tops done that I know of. I'm sure I can talk her out of more pictures to show soon.

I put 2 entries in the drawing for you, Rebecca. Thanks for sharing your photo!

1 comments:

Micki said...

The quilt is gorgeous and I love the idea of using flannel...It is so soft!
Micki