Monday, June 17, 2013

First Fathers' Day

I just had to post this picture!

After a nice family lunch in honor of our family's fathers.... the newest father had to get a few things for their new house.  I thought it would be appropriate to document Baby Madison's first Home Depot run!  New dad, Steve, said, "Wow!  It's weird walking around in here with a stroller!"


 I just chuckled... thinking ahead... it won't be long before she'll be running around and he'll be wishing she was still sleeping in a stroller while he shops!

One week old- now a few ounces more than her birth weight.  Sleeps all day, cries all night!

OK... now that I have your attention with the baby pictures.... here's my annual warning about social media and vacations. 

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.... think about what you post on Facebook and what you Tweet!  It's so popular for vacationers to post their travels AS they happen... but be aware that you may have a reader who is not a friend.  I know, I know... you say that only your friends can read what you post.  That's not entirely true.  One of my family members Googled her name and came up with a recent (private) FB post.  And then you say you don't have your address posted.  Well--- I'm no computer genius or private detective, but if you have an active FB page or blog, I can probably figure out your name and general location and from posts and pictures, I could probably find your house.  Don't tell people your house is empty!  Post about your adventures after you get home.  We can wait a few days to hear about your awesome trip.  Be safe!  Come home to everything as you left it- dirty dishes and all!

7 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Gorgeous little baby girl. Thanks for the great advice!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh she is such a sweetie! Very timely advice too. Have a happy day!

WoolenSails said...

Her new photos are adorable. I have heard of someone who had that happen to them. We are staying home this week, so we don't have to worry.

Debbie

Needled Mom said...

OMGosh.....she is adorable. I'm sure it was an intersting visit to Home Depot ;-)

I have never understood why people post that sort of thing on FB.

Nanbon44 said...

Sue, your grand daughter is beautiful and what a head of hair she has... as for the posting of vacations and finding your house... Most of the address sites now have a feature where it can look at your house from above.. some even have street views.. now that is scary.. thankfully it is not real time.

Sharon Kaiser - Online PhD in Psychology said...

Baby Madison is adorable. Congrats to the new daddy! You are so right about the warnings about keeping information private. It is scary how much information you can find out just from pictures and Facebook posts.

Please visit My Webblog

Rosa Robichaud said...

Re: Vacations and empty houses.

I agree 150% !!!!!

Vacation stories and pictures are meant to be shared AFTER the event.

Unless, you're on a Stay-Cah-Tion... that's a whole different matter.

*grin*

Rosa